Tuesday, August 18, 2009

July 22, 2009 and July 23, 2009

Referral Story

So, we moved from Madison, WI at the end of June to Santa Fe, NM. We thought that the last thing on our mind was getting a referral, as we had only been waiting 4 1/2 months and I kept hearing it was getting longer and longer (9 months). We decided to take most of July off to celebrate Pete being done with his residency and this big new change in our lives.

We spent the first two weeks of July in France, visiting my dad and sisters.

We came back and actually moved into our house a bit. I made a couple of quick trips to Madison to finish out some stuff with my job. THEN, we went on our next trek which was to Pete's family's cabin in Idaho.

Now Pete and his brothers are a tad bit daredevilish when it comes to the outdoors. Usually when we go on vacation, someone gets physically harmed. This vacation, Pete and his brothers decided they were going to do the world's first Trans Teton Triathalon. This event would start by canoeing across Jackson Lake for 7 miles, then BUSHWACKING through 13 miles of a mountain pass into Idaho, and then biking 15 miles. I was part of the support staff so I drove them to the canoe put-out point at 6:00 am (after 4 hours sleep).

The day before (July 22) we had been at Yellowstone, doing some light hiking and driving around. An 817 number came up on my phone and I said, "oh, it's just Sara calling to confirm all of our new info" because we had talked the day before via email about all of the new things we'd have to do because we had moved. Didn't think a thing of it and had no cell phone service for the rest of the day.

As soon as the crew took off, I noticed I had a message on my cell phone and had reception for the first time in 24 hours. I also noticed I had a new email message (thank GOD for my new iphone). Well there it was. The words I did NOT expect to hear.....

1 comment:

karichuckroryskylar said...

So happy for you guys....can't wait to hear if you have any other information.